There are almost too many highlights in the Med to list, but we’ve given it our best shot:
• Santorini, Greece – The white-washed houses, cornflower blue rooves and sparkling waters of Santorini are just as impressive in real life as they are on the postcards. Watching the sun set over the caldera will be an unforgettable part of your Mediterranean cruise.
• Gaudian architecture, Barcelona – From the imposing La Sagrada Familia to sprawling Park Güell, the Spanish city of Barcelona is peppered with renowned architect Antoni Gaudi’s masterpieces. His work is characterised by its imaginative, gothic style.
• The Canary Islands – The islands of this Spanish archipelago are as unexpected as they are diverse. Hop across black sand in Lanzarote, laze on the beaches of Fuerteventura and scale Spain’s tallest mountain in Tenerife.
• The multi-layered cities of Italy – Expect awe-inspiring cathedrals, world-renowned galleries and baroque churches in cities like Rome, Florence and Naples. And we haven’t even mentioned the pizza yet.
• Venice – No Mediterranean cruise is complete without a visit to this distinctive city set upon a complex network of canals. Take your time wandering the atmospheric backstreets, and don’t miss St. Mark’s Basilica in the Piazza San Marco.